This is a game where you can select one of 3 character types - thief, fighter and wizard. You can also import any of these characters or a paladin from the previous game in the series. Each character can progress through the game following a slightly different path. The walkthrough that follows contains all of the general tasks that are to be completed. If one character type differs, it will be indicated specifically. After the introduction with Erasmus, go to Silmaria.
You have the ability to get engaged to 4 different women in this game, but it takes persistence and repeated actions throughout much of the game.
- To marry Elsa, fight her in the arena, let her win the Rite of Valor, give her some flowers, any combat accessory and an ice diamond sword, talk to her about everything each time she visits your room, and give her Hera's ring.
- To marry Nawar, give her jewellery, flowers and chocolate, talk to her every night in the Dead Parrot Inn, talk to her while she is on the balcony at the inn at least 3 separate nights, offer her Hera's ring, fight against Abdul outside the inn, offer her Hera's ring again, give Ferrari the peace statue, and give her Hera's ring.
- To marry Katrina (you must be a fighter or wizard), visit her after freeing her from Hades and give her flowers and chocolate, visit her after getting the peace statue and give her a defense amulet, and visit her at the beginning of the Rite of Justice and give her Hera's ring.
- To marry Erana (you must be a wizard or paladin), visit her after freeing her from Hades and give her flowers and chocolate, visit her after getting the peace statue and give her the magic seeds, and visit her at the beginning of the Rite of Justice and give her Hera's ring.
You start up on Nob Hill. Go left past the arena and houses, and enter the Hall of Kings. Talk to Logos and Rakeesh, then go back outside. Head down the stairs to the left to find the Town Square. Walk around town and talk to everyone you can find. When it is evening (after 5pm), go to the Dead Parrot Inn and talk to everyone here. Play the Wheel of Fortune game to win some money. Head to the Gnome Inn before midnight. Talk to Ann and get your key, then go upstairs to your room and sleep until morning. The next morning, visit Rakeesh outside the arena.
- If you are a fighter or wizard, he will give you back your Katta pin.
- If you are a thief, he will give you back your magic grapnel.
- If you are a paladin, he will give you back your Katta pin. He will also tell you about the Ring of Truth. Visit Logos in the Hall of Kings and you will receive the Ring of Justinian as a start.
Go to the Adventurers' Guild and sign the logbook. Read the messageboard while you are here. Now visit the Apothecary and buy a few healing pills and a few poison cure pills. Go to the Magic Shop and buy the mystic magnets.
- If you are a wizard, also buy some mana potions and pills. At some point you should buy the RIP, Fascinationa nd Boom spells. Shakra will also mention getting a new wizard's staff, but you will need to find the wood.
Back outside, buy a map and at least 3 amphorae from Wolfie. Go to the bank and withdraw all your money. Go to the Famous Adventurers' Correspondence School (FACS) and look at the swimming books, then ask the FA to autograph one for you. Read it in your inventory to improve your swimming skill by 100.
- If you are a wizard, go back and visit Erasmus through the spinning hat and talk to him to learn the Whirlwind spell.
- If you are a fighter, wander around outside of town and kill some monsters, and make sure you fight in the arena a few times for more practice. You can also bet on yourself beforehand at the Dead Parrot Inn.
When you return to the Gnome Inn, put one of your mystic magnets in the storage chest in your room. On day 3, go to the bank.
- If you are a wizard, pick up the interesting toolkit from the floor. Show it to Shakra, then go and show it to Erasmus. Go to the Dead Parrot Inn and you will see Arestes get up from his table and leave. Follow him outside and all the way to a secret door under the bridge. Cast Detect Magic on the door, then cast Trigger on it to disarm the trap, and cast Open so you can go inside. Keep talking to Arestes until he agrees to go with you to the Hall of Kings, where you will get a nice reward.
- If you are a paladin, pick up the interesting toolkit from the floor. Show it to Shakra, then go and show it to Erasmus. Go to the Dead Parrot Inn and you will see Arestes get up from his table and leave. Follow him outside and all the way to a secret door under the bridge. Use Magic Ward and force the door open. Inside, keep talking to Arestes until he agrees to go with you to the Hall of Kings, where you will get a nice reward. The next day talk to Arestes in jail, then talk to Julanar at the Apothecary.
After this point it is safe to store your money in the bank.
Show the thief sign to Ferrari, Ugarte, Arestes and the Cloaked Man in the Dead Parrot Inn, and to Elsa in the Adventurers' Guild. Now go to the main pillar of the bridge outside the Guild at night time and use your toolkit on the hidden door. Disarm the trap and head inside. Talk to Arestes and join the Thieves' Guild, then buy the oil, torch, pickpocket knife, blackjack and rope. Combine your rope and magic grapnel. Practice pickpocketing on the dummy until you are successful, then you can do it to people in town later on. Enter the Chief Thief competition using the board on the right, then leave.
Go to the house next to the arena, which is deserted and safe to loot at night time. Light your torch with your tinderbox, then pick the lock and start sneaking. Look at the chest and the cupboard, then use a dagger to pry open the cupboard and take the extra dagger you find. Take the alabaster amphora from the table and search the couch to find a gold ring. Search the drawers on the right for some change. Move the painting on the right wall and disarm the safe, then open it to get some money and jewellery. Go and sell your goods to Arestes.
From up at Nob Hill, sneak down into Town Square. Wait until the guard has started to head away from the bank, then sneak to the door and pick the lock. Inside, pick the lock on the gate and disarm the trap on the safe. Take the treasure bags, then use your mystic magnets to return to your room.
After waiting up to 10 days, come back to the bank the same way at night time and use your blackjack to take out the patrolling guard, then get inside and take the money again. Each day you wait, the amount in the safe increases by 100 drachmas.
Leave town and go south along the coast. You will come across a fight and in this area there will also be a basket. Pick this up and head back to the city. Go to the town centre and give the basket to Sarra, who will reward you with a shell necklace.
Pegasus and Hippocrene
Visit the FA at the FACS a second time and he will tell you he wants some Hippocrene water. Salim also needs some Pegasus Feathers. Leave town and pick up some rocks just outside the gate near the target. Head far to the north and then west to the Pegasus Pass (with the symbol of a Pegasus on the map). Walk to the far right hear to find the Hippocrene stream and fill an amphora with water. You can also drink from the stream here.
- If you are a fighter or paladin, head towards the seesaw and throw a rock at the big one to be catapulted to the opposite bluff. Head to the top and use the low-hanging root to swing across.
- If you are a wizard, walk as far up the first bluff as possible, then cast Levitate to get up near the top.
- If you are a thief, walk as far up the first bluff as possible. Use your magic grapnel on the opposite bluff and walk across. Head to the top and use the low-hanging root to swing across.
Follow the path up towards the tree and pick up 10 feathers. Use your mystic magnets to return to the city. Visit Salim at the Apothecary and sell all but one of your feathers (you will need it later). Now you can buy stamina pills if you need them. Visit the FA at the FACS and give him the Hippocrene water. Leave and come back to see him again for a reward.
- If you are a fighter or paladin, you will get a magic helm.
- If you are a wizard, you will get the Thermonuclear Blast spell.
- If you are a thief, you will get a stealth charm.
If you don't have them already, buy a throwing spear and pick up some rocks. Leave town through the east gate and you will see Science Island in the distance. Go to the cabin and read the sign. Use the lever on the left to start the windmill. Use the lever on the right (and then use force) and it will break. Use your spear on the base of the lever to fix it, then move it. When the gondola approaches the platform pull the lever again to stop it, then get inside.
- If you are a fighter, paladin or thief, throw a rock at the lever.
- If you are a wizard, cast force bolt at the lever.
Jump off when you reach the other side. Go to the flashing window just right of the large gear and answer enough questions correctly in the Science Acadomy Quiz to open a door in the gear. Head inside. Talk to Dr Pretorius during the day, then go outside, wait for night, and come back inside to talk to Dr Mobius. Make sure you note which type of pizza each of them likes. Return to the town centre during the day and buy both pizza bases from Marrak, then get some jalapenos from inside the Apothecary, and talk to Andre the fisherman about fish to get some anchovies. Add jalapenos to the pepperoni pizza and anchovies to the artichoke pizza, then return to Science Island. Give the pizzas to the scientists. On your way out, use the green terminal here and pass another quiz to learn your password (this changes each game).
Go to the bank and talk to the man, then click on the button to enter the Rites. Go to the Hall of Kings.
Rite of Freedom
Talk to Andre, who will mention becoming a healer, then talk to Julanar at the Apothecary. Visit Pholus to upgrade to some better weapons if you have enough money. Leave town and go to Naxos. In the town, go straight to the locked building with the red roof. Kill the mercenaries inside, open the chest and take the items including the sigil. Go to each of the other 4 fishing villages and do the same thing. After you have done all 5 villages, go to the Dragon Pillar west of Silmaria and look at Kokeeno, who is dead on the ground. Look at the Dragon Pillar itself to see it is broken. Go back to Silmaria and knock on the door of the guardhouse just inside the gate to tell the guard what has happened. Go back to the Hall of Kings and show the Sigil of Naxos to the guard at the gate.
Rite of Conquest
Talk to Rakeesh and Andre, and talk to Ugarte at the Dead Parrot. Wait until night, then head from the Dead Parrot back towards the Gnome Inn, and Ugarte will come and speak to you. Talk to him about everything, then when you say goodbye he will be attacked. Give him a poison cure pill (if you don't have one, quickly go and get help from the guardhouse). You will automatically go back to the Hall of Kings to talk to Logos.
Go and sleep, then in the morning go to Andre and rent his boat. Head to the small island to the southwest called Sifnos, and Andre will wait here and let you off at night time.
- If you are a fighter or paladin, take out the 5 mercenaries outside, then head upstairs into the fortress and kill another 8 inside. Take some throwing spears from the cart or barrel, then keep throwing these at the Centaur Wizard until he dies.
- If you are a wizard, take out the 5 mercenaries outside, then head upstairs into the fortress and kill another 8 inside. Cast Reversal do reflect the Centaur Wizard's lightning bolts, and keep casting Frost Bite on him until he falls. Search his body to get the Augment spell.
- If you are a thief, sneak along the rock wall to reach the stairs. Use your magic grapnel on the ledge. Climb part way up the stairs, then jump down near the grate. Use your toolkit on the grate and you will climb inside. Kill the 8 mercenaries inside or use your blackjack on them. Take some throwing spears from the cart or barrel, then keep throwing these at the Centaur Wizard until he dies.
Kill General Claudius whichever way you like. Search his body and take the shield, then use your mystic magnet to get home. Go to the Hall of Kings and show the shield to the guard at the gate.
Rite of Valor
After the briefing you will talk to Rakeesh, then he will be attacked by the assassin. Give him a poison cure pill (if you don't have one, quickly go and get help from the gate at the Hall of Kings). You will automatically go back to the Hall of Kings to talk to Logos.
Go and talk to Ann at the Gnome Inn to learn she owes Ferrari a lot of money for the inn. Go to the Adventurers' Guild and look through the logbook to learn about Icarus and Daedalus. You need to get some bees wax, from the Dragon Pillar just north of Silmaria. Now make sure you have your torch with you, and head back to Science Island. Go inside and you will see a flying frame behind the scientist. Apply your bees wax, then your pegasus feathers. Use the flying machine and you will get to Hydra Island.
Walk to the Hydra icon, then collect some glowing goo in an amphora. Now start attacking the hydra. Elsa will arrive and offer to help - say yes.
- If you are a fighter or paladin, cut off each head and Elsa will burn them with her torch.
- If you are a wizard, get Elsa to cut off the heads, then cast Flame Dart on the stumps.
- If you are a thief, get Elsa to cut off the heads, then use your lit torch on the stumps.
Talk to Elsa, then take the hydra teeth and scales. When Elsa asks about her reward, tell her she can search the cave for treasure. Go inside and take the money and magic helm. Now look at the trapped treasure chest.
- If you are a fighter or wizard, open the chest and get hurt (or wait until you have fireproofing oil and come back to do it safely).
- If you are a paladin, use Magic Ward then open the chest.
- If you are a thief, disarm the trap, then open the chest.
Take the money, magic chainmail, rope and Shrink scroll. Use your mystic magnet to get home. Try to visit Erasmus, but the wizard hat seems broken. Visit Shakra in the Magic Shop, and go to the Apothecary. Talk to Julanar and say goodbye to get some magic seeds. Sell the hydra scales to Salim.
- If you are a paladin, buy some fireproofing oil (now that Salim has the scales). Go to the Draon Blood Pool. Use the oil on yourself at the pool, then dip the King's Ring in the dragon's blood. The next time you are wounded, use the ring on yourself to purify it.
Go to the Hall of Kings and show the hydra teeth to the guard at the gate.
Rite of Destiny
After the briefing, then go to the FACS and look in books to learn about building a balloon for travel. Buy the balloon painting from Wolfie, and show it to Ann. While you are there, give your magic seeds to Ann to improve her inn. Go up to your room and take the spare sheet from the drawer, then go downstairs and give it to Ann, who will sew it for you. Tell her about Wolfie, and she will ask him to paint the inn. Now go and show the balloon painting to Marrak, and buy his spare brazier from him. Now you may as well sleep.
The next morning, talk to Ann to get your sewn sheet. Go to Science Island, and head inside and out the upstairs back exit. Use the green console here, and set the controls to 100, 55 and Closed, then run the program to get the gondola lifted up to the platform. Use your sewn sheet, rope, goo, brazier and tinderbox on the gondola. If you want some extra points, land immediately, and go and tell Wolfie about your balloon. Now use the balloon to travel northwest to Pegasus Peaks. Land and get some more Hippocrene water. Get back in your balloon and keep going west until you find Delos.
Go to the Dryad grove and use your Hippocrene water on each of the 7 dryads, then watch the dance.
- If you are a wizard, pick up the magic wood that appears after the dance.
Leave this area and take your balloon just north to the Oracle. Pick up the black lotus flower from the pool. Read the pillar in front of the pool to learn a verse you will need for the next Rite. Now put a drachma into the pool and you will hear your fate. Pick up the Proof of Destiny disk from the ground. Go back to your balloon and fly back to Silmaria.
- If you are a wizard, visit Shakra and give him your magic wood so he will make you a new staff.
Go to the Apothecary and give the black lotus flower to Salim. Go to the Hall of Kings and show the Proof of Destiny to the guard at the gate.
Rite of Courage
After the briefing, go to your room and pick up the box of chocolates. Take them to Julanar, and while you are there get the new poison cure pills. Talk to Pholus and the FA about the current Rite. Visit Marrak and buy a gyro, a pepperoni pizza and a box of sokolotak-ya. Make sure you have at least 2 empty amphorae.
- If you are a wizard, visit Shakra and buy stacks of mana potions and pills, as he will not be available for much longer.
Leave town and fly northwest to the dragon pillar with the skull symbol. Look at the body on the ground near the pillar. Fill up an amphora with water from near the body. Go to where the river enters the mountain and pour your water into the river nearby - you will automatically say the verse you learned from the pool near the Sybil and the gate will open. Approach the gate and Cerberus will arrive.
- If you are a fighter, kill him 3 times.
- Otherwise, give him the gyro, pepperoni pizza and box of chocolates.
Head inside and either fight the skeletons or just run quickly past them to the right. Jump or levitate down to the path below, then go through the arch on the right side. Continue running left along the dragon's skeleton into the next area and you will reach the river. Fill one amphora with Lethe water from the whirlpool, then go a bit to the right and get Styx water in your other amphora.
- If you are a paladin, dip your ring into the river to finally have a Ring of Truth.
Staying on this screen, head back to the left then around the back of the river and far right to the Hall of Hades. Talk to the Guardian of the Dead and you can choose to sacrifice half your vitality to save Erana or Katrina if you want.
- If you are a paladin, you should choose to save Erana.
Go all the way back through this area to reach the exit. Return to Silmaria. Go to the Apothecary and give the Lethe water to Salim. Go to the Hall of Kings and show the Styx water to the guard at the gate.
Rite of Peace Part 1
After the briefing, visit the FA for some useful information. Go to Science Island. Head inside and up to the second floor where Gort is normally standing. Use the console and enter your password from earlier. Now leave Science Island again.
- If you saved Erana, visit her at Lymnos to get a Waterbreathing amulet. If you are a wizard you will learn First Aid.
- If you saved Katrina, visit her at Zante to get a Waterbreathing amulet. If you are a wizard you will learn Draon Fire.
Now return to Silmaria again.
- If you are a fighter or paladin, make sure you have a magic spear.
- If you are a wizard or thief, get some flowers from the outside of the inn.
Go to the inn during the evening and Ann will ask you to provide some entertainment for the evening. Sleep in your bed overnight and Elsa will visit you with her opinions.
Steal the sheet from your bed, then sleep another night in the inn and Elsa will take you to Minos island. Start sneaking and use your blackjack on the goons before sneaking past the front gate of the castle over to the left side. Use your magic grapnel on the dead tree to get up to the ledge, then sneak right along the path to reach the wall. Jump over and blackjack the archer, then pick the lock on the door to get inside. Kill 3 goons in here, then go to the left upper door and head through to the treasure room. Kill 2 more goons in this room.
Pick up the winged lion statue from the table. Use your magic grapnel to get up above the left alcove, then use your sheet to pick up the magic statue. Now disarm the traps on the 6 alcoves and 2 chests and get all the stuff from inside - the blackbird is in the back right alcove and this is the only thing you really need; you should get this one last because more goons will enter at this point. When you are done, use your magic magnet to get home.
If you imported a thief character you will already have an imitation blackbird. If you didn't, show the real one to Wolfie and he will agree to make an imitation one. Go away and come back again to buy it from him, and also talk to him so he returns the real one to you. Go to the Dead Parrot Inn and give Ferrari the real blackbird, in exchange for the deed to the Gnome Inn. Go and give this to Ann.
At night time, go to the house next to Ferrari's (the old break-in house). Use your magic grapnel 3 times to get all the way to the roof, then jump over to Ferrari's house and sneak to the middle window. Use your oil on the bars to loosen them, then open the window (when prompted, twist the bars first, then use your toolkit). Sneak downstairs and take the alabaster amphora from the table. Disarm the trap on the safe behind the painting under the staircase to get 1000 drachmas. Push the table in the middle of the room towards the door, then climb on it. Swap your imitation blackbird with the real one. Climb back outside the house the way you came in, then teleport to your room. Go to the Thieves' Guild and show the blackbird to Arestes - now if you look at the board on the right, he will tell you the Chief Thief contest is over.
Rite of Peace Part 2
Leave town and use your balloon to fly to the far southwest. Go to the area marked with a shell.
- If you are a fighter, equip your magic spear and pry open the door with it, then kill the 2 Tritons. Go through the tunnel and reach the area with the shell on the tower. After the alarm is sounded, kill the Dragonfish, and Hippolyta will surrender.
- If you are a paladin, equip your magic spear and pry open the door with it, then cast Awe or Peace on the 2 Tritons. Swim through the tunnel, then head right behind the guards to the wall. Click on the middle panel and you will go through. Swim down and forward towards the screen, then hug the wall to reach the tower. Force open the secret door in the wall here (middle panel again) to enter the throne room.
- If you are a wizard, cast Open on the door, then cast Calm on the 2 Tritons. Swim through the tunnel, then head right behind the guards to the wall. Click on the middle panel and you will go through. Swim down and forward towards the screen, then hug the wall to reach the tower. Cast Open on the secret door in the wall here (middle panel again) to enter the throne room.
- If you are a thief, look at the left door hinge, then use your oil on it twice, then use your mystic magnet to pull it out. Avoid the 2 Tritons or fight them if you prefer. Swim through the tunnel, then head right behind the guards to the wall. Click on the middle panel and you will go through. Swim down and forward towards the screen, then hug the wall to reach the tower. Use your toolkit on the secret door in the wall here (middle panel again) to enter the throne room. Give Hippolyta your flowers.
Talk to Hippolyta and you will get the Peace statue. Fly back to Silmaria. Go to the Hall of Kings and show the Peace statue to the guard at the gate.
Rite of Justice
After the briefing, go and give the Peace statue to Ferrari.
- If you are a fighter, paladin or wizard, you will get the deed to the Gnome Inn in return; go and give this to Ann.
Sleep at the inn tonight, and Elsa will visit you one last time - this is when you can give her Hera's ring if you have been courting her. Similarly you can go and propose to whoever else you may have been courting (see the section on Marriage at the top). In the morning, go to the Apothecary and buy a whole heap of pills and potions, as well as at least 1 fireproofing oil. At night time, walk from the Dead Parrot towards the Gnome Inn and you will be ambushed outside the Adventurers' Guild by the assassin. Kill him and heal yourself, and you will end up talking to Logos.
- If you are a fighter, wizard or thief, select any option to deal with Minos.
- If you are a paladin, say you will use your Ring of Truth, then make sure you equip it.
Sleep at the inn again, and you will be summoned to the Hall of Kings the next day.
- If you are a fighter, wizard or thief, select any conversation options.
- If you are a paladin, accuse Minos and he will lie, and your ring will glow.
You will automatically be taken to Minos island. Make your way forward, taking out a few guards and archers.
- If you are a fighter, paladin or thief, break down the gate and door to the palace.
- If you are a wizard, cast Open on the gate and door to the palace.
Once inside, kill everyone in this room, then head upstairs and through the door on the left to find the treasure room. After Minos taunts you, run to the desk and pick up the toolkit, then give it to Elsa and she will free herself. Kill the goons and the minotaur with Elsa's help, and Minos will kill himself. After the cutscene, search Minos and the minotaur and take their items, and clear out the alcove that Elsa indicates to you (before this use the fireproofing oil on yourself for protection). You will then head to the final battle.
If Gort and Toro do not arrive automatically, talk to Erana or Katrina and ask for help so they are teleported in to help. Talk to each of them and ask them to help fix the pillar, then go and push on it as well - once the pillar is upright the draon will be bound to earth. Give the minotaur axe to Toro, and give both Toro and Gort some health potions so they can heal themselves. Use fireproofing oil on yourself now and during the battle.
- If you are a wizard, also cast Resistance on yourself for further fire protection.
Now fight the dragon with everything you've got and you should eventually emerge victorious.